EFFECTIVE FROM 25 MAY 2018
Applied Business Support Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy and personal data is protected.
This privacy statement may change from time to time depending on the way that Applied Business Support Ltd obtains and uses the data, and as a result of complying with any changes in the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
The Data that We Collect and How We Collect It
The overall data that we collect in the course of Applied Business Support Ltd’s business activities is as follows:
- Contact name
- Organisation name
- Job title
- Telephone number and email address
- Sector employed in
- Country where based
Not all this data is necessarily collected on every occasion.
We collect the data in the following ways:
- We work for clients such as government agencies in Ireland, the UK, mainland Europe, or for the European Union. We are provided with the contact details of persons in organisations in order to work with them to achieve project and business objectives.
- We assist universities and other educational institutions to commercialise technologies via commercialisation feasibility studies. To achieve the objectives of these studies, we carry out market research by reaching out to persons in specific industrial sectors who can provide an experienced opinion in some way concerning the technology. These persons are contacted almost always via their publicly available data in well-known social media sites or via their data available publicly online. A percentage of these persons contacted do respond if they have an interest in the technology or if they care to provide a viewpoint.
- We work with industrial companies as clients directly where the company will initiate contacting Applied Business Support Ltd or Applied Business Support Ltd contacts them for securing business. We work with some of these clients on an ongoing basis.
In each case, the data is held in secure databases.
What We Do and Don’t Do With the Data Collected
The data is maintained for the purposes of enabling clients to assist them to achieve their required objectives. In the case of commercialising technologies, we use the opinions of the expert persons contacted to assess the future commercial viability of the technology. All opinions are provided as reports to the educational institutions, including only the sector concerned and the organisation name. That is, no personal data is included. Even the name of the organisation is omitted if it is small enough that the interviewee could be otherwise identified. Should the educational institution be interested in a dialogue with a particular interviewee, we ask the person if they would agree to their contact data being provided to the institution concerned.
We do not ever:
- Use any personal data to send out promotional or any other circulars
- Give or sell personal data to any third party for promotional or any other marketing purposes.
Secure Storage of Data
We have in place electronic and physical procedures to ensure that the data held is maintained securely and that personal data – being either electronic or hard copy, that is no longer serving a reasonable business purpose is destroyed after specific periods of time.
Keeping Control of Personal Data and Your Rights
Notwithstanding the fact that we do not use, give or sell personal data for promotional purposes, we will also not distribute your personal data to clients or other business partners or entities unless you give us permission or unless required to do so by law.
Under GDPR, you have a number of rights which include but are not limited to the following:
You may request details of personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting email@example.com or by telephoning the numbers on the www.appliedbusinesssupport.com website. No fee is required. You may ask us at any time to delete all personal data we hold about you. Also if you believe that the information we hold about you is incorrect, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org and without delay we will correct the data.
A cookie is a small text file which is stored on your device when you give permission on a website on the internet.
Cookies can be accepted or declined as an option and most browsers can be set to disallow cookies if required. However doing this can seriously compromise the experience and access to website facilities.
Links to Third Party Sites
This website may contain links to third party websites which have their own privacy and cookie policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy policies or cookie statements of other websites. You should always check other websites’ statements before navigating the websites and sharing your personal data.